Chrysalis Arts Job Opportunity
Marketing and Admin Assistant / CPD Assistant
Freelance contract/s (part time), initially one year with potential for extension.
This work is being offered as a single package based on 2.5 days per week or may be split between the Marketing and Admin Asst role based on 2 days per week at a negotiable rate, and the CPD role based on 24 – 36 days per year at a negotiable rate.
Chrysalis Arts Development is an arts development agency and national portfolio organisation (NPO) supported by Arts Council England. Current projects include Art Connections and Art Unpacked.
We wish to appoint an experienced arts professional or professionals with demonstrable experience to provide marketing and administrative support and cpd support and research for a one year period, with potential for extension. This is an exciting opportunity to work across our projects, providing consistent marketing expertise and contributing to the development of new content which supports artists and audiences.
Both roles will be based at The Art Depot with the major part of the work taking place there although some work from home is acceptable. Gargrave is accessible by public transport including bus and train.
We are looking for arts professionals able to undertake the following areas of work:
MARKETING & ADMIN ASSISTANT
Marketing and promotion of opportunities and events across our activities, aimed at artists, arts professionals and a wider public including:
- Contributing to website updates and development (WordPress)
- Developing content such as news stories and sourcing relevant images
- Ensuring general information is up to date across all platforms
- Contributing to, maintaining and developing our social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Developing content for and putting together audience facing newsletters, including Chrysalis, Art Unpacked and Art Connections (Mailchimp)
- Writing and distributing press releases for print and online media
- Data collection, evaluation and presentation of project/statistical information, using Audience Finder
- Managing our mailing lists (Mailchimp)
- Compiling and designing our Annual Report
Administrative and Other Support
- Responding to general enquiries, bookings etc and specific enquiries about workshops and other events
- Booking training venues and facilitators for Art Connections events
- Managing Training bookings (including using Eventbrite) and follow up communication with participants
- Managing and updating filing systems
- Assisting at CAD events, such as training sessions, seminars and conferences
- There may also be opportunities to be involved in other Chrysalis Arts activities such as installation and take down of exhibitions, if suitable/appropriate.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
This work would ideally suit an experienced arts professional with a good knowledge of visual arts to undertake the following work:
- Contributing to the development of Art Connections artist facing resources, through:
- Research and presentation of online cpd information
- Assisting with development, design and presentation of cpd resources, including toolkits and other cpd support material
- Contributing to the development of guidelines and other support for artistic practice development with a particular focus on green arts practice and environmental sustainability.
- Providing specialist information to artists in response to enquiries and contributing relevant content for newsletters and other publications
This work is offered as a separate contract at a negotiable rate for 24 – 36 days or may form part of a single work package with the Marketing and Admin Assistant role based on 2.5 days per week.
This will be based at The Art Depot with the major part of the work taking place there although some work from home is acceptable. Gargrave is accessible by public transport including bus and train.
This work would ideally suit an experienced arts professional with a strong track record of marketing, research/content development and data management. You will have a good understanding of software including Office, WordPress, Mailchimp, Pixlr, social media platforms, and be able to use these without daily support, using a MAC.
FEES / HOURS
The work is offered on a freelance basis based on two days per week with fee negotiable, depending upon experience but in the region of £140 per day including VAT if applicable.
The contract will be for one year with an initial probation period of one month. Future renewal is subject to company need and the successful procurement of future funds.
Most of this work will be carried out from our office, The Art Depot, in Gargrave, North Yorkshire with a working pattern to be agreed. Some flexibility is possible with regard to working hours eg A day is based on 8 hours but work could be carried out over three days per week if preferable.
Please email a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 sides A4, specifying which work package you are applying for and outlining your experience and what you can offer the role.
Deadline for applications: Monday 12 November. Emails should be addressed to Rick Faulkner [email protected]
Role to start late November/early December. For an informal discussion, please contact Rick Faulkner to arrange a phone call 07702128443.
Chrysalis Arts is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity for all and aims to ensure that no potential or actual worker is treated less favourably than another because of race, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality, disability, age, marital status, class or economic disadvantage.